Chief medical officer
Unilabs Slovensko, s. r. o.
Place of workDigital Park II, Einsteinova, Petržalka, Slovakia
Wage (gross)4500 eur/month
Job description, responsibilities and duties
The purpose of the role is to develop and support the Country business in order to:
• Design medical, development and innovation strategies and ensure their implementation throughout the Country.
• Partner with functional leaders in Operations, Marketing, IT, and Quality to deliver new and improved products from concept to full commercial launch.
• Methodical management of the team of representatives for each expertise.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with regulators and key stakeholders.
• Represent Unilabs Slovensko among the professional public and build relationships within various professional and business circles (chambers, associations, etc.).
• Authoring and reviewing protocols, reports, work instructions, and other product-related documents. Create and edit the medical and scientific content of documents and presentations.
Develop and help maintain liaisons with customers; physicians, hospitals and the medical community, served by Unilabs Slovensko.
Work in close collaboration with marketing and business development in order to increase our offer in terms of laboratory services.
Safeguard compliance with international policies and regulatory requirements, liaising with functional heads to ensure the organisation's objectives are met.
• Strategic Development
o Establish the laboratory practice concept and provide TOP MNG team members with medical guidance as well as identifying resources needed to meet or exceed project goals.
o Develop scientific business intelligence in order to update and improve our scientific strategies for diagnostic products and development activities.
o Design and/or participate in local medical strategies in order to consider and optimise the Country performance via outsourcing, standardisation, POCT, consolidation of production platforms and development of esoteric testing.
o Ensure that medical and operational strategies are integrated and consistent with the overall business model.
• Customer and community relations
o Develop and cooperate in product development.
o Improve overall communication between Unilabs Slovensko and customers and medical communities and work alongside TOP management to.
Continuously increase the awareness and appreciation of Unilabs’ services.
Approach key opinion leaders in order to strengthen Unilabs competitive edge.
o Prepare expert opinions for negotiations with health insurance companies (HIC).
o Communicate with HIC on the topic of quality indicators and examination clustering.
o Negotiate with HIC review doctors regarding unreasonably unrecognized services.
o Participate in the creation and structure of new products for self-payers .
• Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
o Define our medical quality strategy and ensure communication of the quality expectations throughout the Country.
o Design our Total Quality roadmap in collaboration with our OpEx function (including the provision of standard quality toolboxes throughout the organisation).
o Initiate and safeguard that appropriate actions are taken to correct deviations and the corrective actions and practices are shared throughout the Country
o Drive transformational changes, develop new technical and scientific capabilities, and help implement standardized practices.
o Develop the production of high-quality written recommendations, briefings, publications, presentations, and other collateral that communicate complex messages clearly and effectively to audiences, with a focus on state and local government stakeholders.
o Monitor state specific laws, regulations and grant opportunities to assist the business.
o Prepare expert opinions for negotiations with health insurance companies regarding unrecognized services
o Communicate with health insurance companies on the topic of quality indicators and examination clustering
o Consultation of authorized comments and justification (professional/technical) of individual codes
• Working with support functions: Coaching and Support Role
o Support marketing department through medical training and education on Unilabs’ service offers.
o Assist Procurement office in sourcing activities and provide for adequate medical input to facilitate decision making.
o Working independently and as a member of a cross-functional team to support local team of experts.
o Provide assistance in medical/scientific recruitment processes.
o Provide medical support to project management in key projects.
Employee perks, benefits
• International and multinational projects
• Interesting trainings sessions
• Very positive and friendly working environment
• Prestigious offices (no open space)
• Home-office 2 days per week
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master's degree)
The position is suitable for a graduate
Personality requirements and skills
• Medical Degree in a laboratory specialty or in a relevant clinical specialty. Advanced Degree (PhD) preferred, with significant experience in the medical and scientific field.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of laboratory principles and practices.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Business awareness and experience a distinct advantage.
• English advanced
• Minimum Years Recommended and/or Preferred:
o In clinical/laboratory practise: 10 years
o In Leadership/Management Role: preferably 2-5 years